Please join us, rain or shine, for a walk through some of the most creative, beautiful, and personal gardens Evanston has to offer. Most gardens are accessible, although steep inclines and steps do occur in some. Maps are provided.
FeaturingHere’s a preview of just a few of the gardens:
- A garden devoted to re-establishing the health and natural balance of the environment. As a bonus, you’ll see how the owners have addressed an extreme privacy challenge.
- See the wonderful things that can happen when apartment owners think outside the box about landscaping.
- Visit a sanctuary on Evanston’s lakefront established as a habitat for migratory birds in an evolving dune environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens if there is inclement weather on the day of the garden walk?
- The garden walk takes place rain or shine. We don't schedule rain days.
- Are there children's prices?
- There are no special children's prices, but for children under 12, the garden walk is free! (No strollers are allowed in the featured gardens, however.)
- Are there accommodations for accessibility?
- Because our featured gardens are located on private property, there are no special accommodations for accessibility.
Proceeds Go to the EEA
All proceeds from the Garden Walk help provide scholarships for children to attend the Evanston Ecology Center's summer camps and support their Apiary.
Important Ticket Info
- TICKET DISCOUNTS. Get a $5 discount on each regular Garden Walk ticket purchased by joining the EEA prior to purchase.
- BRING "PAYMENT RECEIPT" FOR ADMISSION TO EVENT. A printout of the email you receive shortly after you purchase your online tickets [Subject: "EEA (Evanston Environmental Association) Payment receipt"] will serve as your ticket(s) to the Garden Walk on the day of the event.
- REFUNDS. No refunds.
| EEA Member (Prior to day of event)
| Nonmember (Prior to day of event)
| All tickets (Day of event)
| Group - 6 or more (Prior to day of event)
|| $20 each
ONLINE. Garden Walk tickets can be purchased online. Just click the "Purchase Tickets" button below.
Map of Gardens
After you purchase tickets, you'll receive an email with a link to download a map of this year's garden when it becomes available.
Click here to send us an email.
EEA - Evanston Garden Walk
2024 McCormick Blvd.
Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: (847) 448-8256. Mon-Fri, 8:30am - 5pm, year-round.